Here are some strategies and tips for tackling the PTE Reading and Writing Fill in the Blanks tasks:
- Read the whole passage carefully: Before attempting to fill in the blanks, read the entire passage carefully to understand its overall theme and purpose. This will help you to choose the most appropriate words or phrases for each blank.
- Identify the context: Each blank is associated with a specific context or theme in the passage. Therefore, it is important to identify the context of each blank and choose words or phrases that fit that context.
- Use grammar and syntax clues: Look at the words and phrases surrounding the blank to identify any grammar or syntax clues that may help you to select the correct answer. For example, if the blank is preceded by a verb, the answer may be a noun or an adjective.
- Use your knowledge of vocabulary: Try to use your knowledge of vocabulary to select the most appropriate word or phrase to fill in the blank. If you don’t know the meaning of a particular word, try to infer its meaning from the context of the passage.
- Avoid making assumptions: Don’t make assumptions about the answer based on your own knowledge or beliefs. Instead, choose the answer that best fits the context of the passage.
- Check your answer: Once you have filled in all the blanks, read the entire passage again to ensure that your answers make sense and fit the context of the passage.
Overall, the key to succeeding in the Fill in the Blanks tasks in the PTE Reading and Writing sections is to carefully read the entire passage, identify the context of each blank, and use your knowledge of vocabulary, grammar, and syntax to select the most appropriate answer.